Sunday, October 13, 2013

RED ROCK RELAY

Last Wednesday one of Derek's friends asked us if we wanted to join their team for Saturday's relay race. we said sure why not. then I started thinking. wait... I've been only running about 10 miles a week and I just agreed to run 11 in one day? 3 which were STRAIGHT up a hill and 8.3 that were down hill. and I mean DOWN hill. turns out, it was GORGEOUS. the colors of the trees were SO SO vibrant. it was breathtaking. SO MUCH FUN and I made both my runs great. the 3 miles was SO much harder than the 8. the hill was brutal. but all in all, it was a GREAT Saturday of running. Derek had the hardest part of it all running one of his runs on a unpaved trail, with huge hills and all this for 10 miles. it was brutal. he described it as his "worst run EVER". but he made it and got an extra medal for doing so.

1 comment:

mami said...

they are my kids...!!!!! mami