Tuesday, March 30, 2010

CALLING ALL MOTHERS!!!!

Ok. I need help. and I need it NOW. seems like ever since sophie turned 2, she grew horns, turned in her cute loving personality for a much fierce one. I understand that tantrums are normal and I can handle those. no biggie. I know what to do about those. but I've been faced with a much worse condition. the "the world belongs to me" mentality. they should give prescriptions out for this. its HORRIBLE. apparently everything sophie touches, sees, smells, tastes, anything she owns at home and sees elsewhere, anything in her reach is HERS. MINE! MINE! MINE! is all I hear... all day. everyday. Now, its unfortunate that I know exactly who she picked this up from, and for their sake I won't name names. but don't worry. it's none of you. They don't read my blog. so youre off the hook. :) I have NO idea how to deal with it. do I punish her? ignore it? explain to her that its bad? tell her NO!... I HAVE NO CLUE. I have tried all of these. and I don't know which one to stick with. I don't wanna ignore it TOO much and have her think she can just rule the world... PLEASE HELP MOMS! what did you do when or if your toddler this did?

4 comments:

Jackson Family said...

Kaylee did this for a little while and I just told her if she wasnt nice and shared she woulndt be able to play with friends because they wouldnt want to come over. It seemed to work with her she doesnt to it too often now and if I remind her of this then it usually solves the problem

Sarah W. said...

Hey Cake,

this is totally normal. All my kids sassy, spunky or sweet went through a version of this. She is the only child right now and she hasn't learned the sharing thing like she would if there were others in the family. It will be hard for a little while, just keep reminding her that "we share". My oldest still needed to be reminded when she was 3-4 yrs old. We had some of her friends over and she was getting upset that they were playing with her toys. I just sent her to her room for a few minutes to think about her behavior and she came out ready to share. Good luck!

P.S. i know she really learned it from you! ha ha

Duris-Denver said...

Just tell her that if she doesn't share, you will vacuum her toys away...hahahahahahahah. Worked with mine. They are angels now.

Lisa/Scott said...

I'm pretty strict with my kids additudes. If they get selfish with toys, I take them away until they learn to share. When they throw tantrums, they go in time out. No matter how cute they are, I don't bend on this, because especially at 2 and 3 years old, they're learning cause and effect, and they learn from the reactions they get. If you freak out and yell at them, they still do it, because they get a reaction. Just be calm, and be strict, and they'll get it. It might take a few weeks, but they're smart and they learn.