Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A week Old!

Hello everyone! I'm back from the dead. hahaha ok no. Sophie is now a week old and things are settling down. She has started sleeping at night so thats nice. she sleeps about 3 hrs at a time... she rarely cries so its really nice. she is a sweet little thing. we went to the doctor yesterday and she has already gained 2 ounces. they said she grew 1 inch but i'm just guessing they measured her wrong cause thats a lot on a week. if she keeps it up she'll be as tall as me in 3 months. hahaah anywho...Labor was long and totally different from what was planned. I went in on Tue morning for a Non stress test and my contractions were 6 mins apart and very consistent. Sophie's heart beat would dip before some contractions and since i was a week overdue they just induced me then instead of thurs. so i started on pletosin (no idea on spelling) and my blood pressure was pretty high so they put me on magnesium... oh if i would have known the side effects... my body wasn't getting rid of the magnesium fast enough so it was overdosing and making me very sick and making me very very loopy. i couldn't stay awake. I started pushing at around 3 am on wed morning. i pushed until 530 but she wasn't dropping because she was posterior. so all my labor was on my back. My liver and kidneys were not doing so hot and were starting to fail a bit so they just decided to do a C-section to be safe and not stress the baby out anymore. so at 5:59 on wed the 19th she was born. oh momma what a labor... but sign me up! i'll do it again in a heart beat.

5 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Maqueca,
That is exactly what happened to me. I went a week past my due date and had contractions on and off and finally they induced me and by that time it seems my body had been through too much. First, my kidneys started to stop functioning and then my blood pressure started going up. I was wheeled in for emergency c section. Now I have had all of them c sections. Magnesium is horrible. I felt so bad when people would come visit me and I would just stare at them and not know what they were saying. Sophie is beautiful and I hope and pray that you have a speedy recovery.

Paula-Adam said...

you are just INSANE if you wanna do that again. I'm going to take my sweet time...

TaMara said...

Hope you feel better soon and you are enjoying your time with your mama. We miss her! Your daughter is so cute. We have been checking your blog to see pics of her. I had to have a c-section too. They suck. Anyway, Bonnie and I agree with your sister Paula that you are insane to want to have a kid again. That must be the medicine talking! I love my baby too but after all of that I am taking my time. Wait til she's 2! Then you'll see what a handful the little munchkin will be. Enjoy the time now!

Monica said...

Why does this blog not contain any information on your Gary Coleman sighting?

Melissa said...

Hooray for Baby Sophie! That is quite the labor story! Danielle, Jo and Liza had a similar thing happen too. I'm glad I wasn't in labor long before they did a c-section for Josh. His heart rate was crazy and I was only at a 6. But Jacob was the best- do a scheduled c-section next time. You walk into the hospital and bang- a half hour later you have a baby. Recovery is a MILLION times better without your body contracting and getting tired. Trust me. But not like you are thinking about your next baby right now...right?? Also welcome to the "smile club" (I guess it is because of the scar that they call it that) Wahoo I'm so glad she is here. What a cutie!