Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Overload!

Yesterday Derek and I had to awesome chance to go to the SLC temple and see his cousin and wife get endowed and sealed to eachother and their little girl. ok. I don't know why, but ever since I had a baby girl I am a total softy. If you've known me for a long time I've always been the tomboy, tough fourwheeling soccer playing red card receiving girl. Now I can't even watch scary movies. We haven't been able to attend the temple since I was like 7 months pregnant due to not being able to get up from a chair haha to having a young baby to building a house. so it was a GREAT trip for us. It made me realize how grateful I am for having the gospel in my life and being able to turn to prayer whenever I need. From very important decisions in our lives to praying so sophie will be able to sleep well. It made me think of when my family was receiving the discussions from the missionaries and how glad I am we decided to get baptized. granted I was only 9, so Im grateful my parents helped me out with my decision. take everything away we have and ever will have and I will still be amazingly blessed. and Im not just saying I'm blessed. all of us with the gospel in our lives have such a power on our hands and behind us to catch us. I have no idea why I felt like posting this but just felt like it. I don't mean to be one of those "my life is fantastic and let me tell you why" people. don't get me wrong. plenty of things go wrong. but I just wanted to tell my family I love them VERY much and thank you for all your love. I guess I'm just having a happiness overload and needed to get it out! hm... maybe I should keep a journal.

2 comments:

The Kemps said...

I love this! How long have I known you and I didn't know your family were converts...the things you learn. I'm glad you got to go to the temple, especially for a sealing (special). I'm so sorry Sophie has RSV, we did that last year and I NEVER want to do it again. I hope she gets better fast, I'm so glad it's not that serious.

Duris-Denver said...

ohhhh, you make me cry. hahahahaha...you played soccer?!