Monday, September 15, 2008

Walmart... what an "amazing" place.

Well we all go to walmart. if you haven't you must live under a rock or something or i guess you can afford to go somewhere better. I do have to admit. they DO have just about everything and it IS usually cheaper... but sometimes... I rather go somewhere else. I really get so stressed out everytime grocery shopping day comes... it all starts in the parking lot where there is ALWAYS room in the front... well at least for the handicapped. sometimes I think I should break something to get a decent parking spot that I don't need to bring a water bottle to make it on the walk to the front door... that is if I make it past the cart runner that wears a helmet and I swear tries to run me over everytime with his train... the greeters are always welcoming when they look at you from their cozy chair and look somewhere else when you look at them... such a warm welcome... and hopefully you NEVER have to use the restroom there... sometimes like today you just HAVE to. I have held it all through grocery shopping before and sped walked all through the store to make it back home and use my own restroom... today. was not that day. I HAD to go. that's when I got really grateful for walmart... nothing better than stepping into a nice crap smelling bathroom with a very "iffy" looking door that you dare not touch and push with your feet... then have to wait for the big stall because you don't fit in the little one with a car seat... so you have to take in the "fresh" air... after 5 mins (no joke) the lady came out... after putting down 4 seat covers i get done and listen to the wonderful sound of the person in the next stall clipping their fingernails... no joke. clipping their fingernails in a public bathroom... i'm at a loss for words... I hold my breath while washing my hands and push the door open with my paper towel... again almost to be ran over by the sweeper wearing a helmet. ( no joke. they really are wearing helmets) I still speed walk through the isles to prevent getting so stressed by the relief society meeting in the baking isle and blocking the isle while sharing baking secrts... finally I make it home and try to carry 12 bags up 3 flights of stairs with sophie in the baby bjorn. but that's when walmart's amazing quality shows and my bags break from being .001 mm thick and my groceries go rolling down the stairs... how do they know that I love chasing my tomato sauce down the stairs with my baby on my stomach and 6 other bags in my hand?! I DO NOT know! I LOVE WALMART. they sure do make it a great experience. I think they have me thinking target? smiths? albertsons? we will see... I think next family vacation we will be spending at good ol wallie world and not Disneyland because its now the new "happiest place on earth"

10 comments:

LeslieK said...

Wow. I'm so in your boat you have no idea. EVERYTIME I go to Wally World, something goes wrong, it drives me nuts! When we lived in Provo, I would drive the extra 15 mins just to go to Target. I was mostly excited about moving to Orem because we'd be closer to Target! LoL

The Kemps said...

I needed a laugh like the one I just got. I'm kindof relieved that someone else has experiences like mine. Walmart is a hard store, it's true. I loved how you wrote this. Hopefully your next experience with the "happiest place on earth" goes smoother. (thanks for the laugh)

Emily said...

I'm there wi;th ya! Shawn & I call it GhettoMart. 'nuf said. too bad they make it so cheap so we have to keep going back, huh?
p.s. you're baby is adorable!!

Katie said...

this post cracked me up. It is so true! I generally prefer to just pay more and not have to deal with the pain that is WalMart.

Monica said...

Refresh your memory and check out my walmart blog from earlier this year. I warned you then!!

Cathy said...

Oh my gosh! I was at WalMart today and thinking, why doesn't target have sewing supplies? Maybe they do, but I haven't see them. I only go to Walmart if I have to. I am a total Target shopper and I have been for 3 years now. Well, thanks for sharing. This was a great story!

Jenny said...

haha Cake cake cake you are hilarious! I totally understand why its easier to carry 6 bags of groceries up 3 flights with a baby rather then take two trips with less bags! Two trips up the stairs from your car to your house! Thats just not reasonable ;) I would have done the same thing haha Love ya!

The Andersons said...

I usually carry more than six... like 10! its just easier to get it over with on one trip! besides... they should't pack them so full that they break every time!

the keele's said...

hi, you dont know me, you took over my spot at dentrix, anyways i read your blog SORRY! cute little girl. i really feel like i need to let you know how i HATE it there too. they spilled someting on the floor and then i did the splits ouch. two weeks later i HAD to go there and they ran over my foot with a fork lift and didnt do anything even after i fainted and yea. jerks oh this was a week before i got married too. anyway, i hate this place and go there if i HAVE to. sheesh.

Macaia said...

Oh sister sister.... I so remember those days... SO FUN!!! (I didn't think so then). Don't get me wrong, I still go to Walmart here and there. But now I park my car in a garage, my kids walk on their own, and while they do so they carry ALL the bags in for me... I served my time!!