Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I NEED OPINIONS LADIES! (not you men. haha)

ok. so. I am trying to decide on what kind of refrigerator I want to buy for my new kitchen. I am torn between a side by side or a bottom freezer one. I like how the bottom freezer one makes the fridge nice and wide and you can see everything in there really well. the freezer drawer has a couple drawers inside of it so it keeps the freezer organized even though its a big drawer. the side by side is nice because you have lots of shelves but you can't fit anything big in there... but the freezer seems to be bigger... tell me what kind of fridge you have and tell me if you like it or not and what you like and don't like about it... I'm leaning torwards a bottom freezer one... so if you have one and HATE it let me know too. thank you ladies!

10 comments:

Kristen Miner said...

By far, freezer on the bottom. When you freeze items, 95% of them are flat packed and wide. It makes sense then for the bottom drawer.

Paula-Adam said...

OH MY GOSH...no question about it....freezer on the bottom....yes yes....

Unknown said...

Honey, the thought just occurred to me that on the left side of your fridge you're going to have a wall, so I would plan on not being able to open that side all the way back...which sucks I know, but that's the way it is...

Jackson Family said...

Hey I like the side by side one I have had both and I didnt like digging things out of the drawer when what I wanted was on the bottom

Lindsay Ross said...

Robs brother and sister in law HATE the bottom freezer one.. they say you have to dig for things and cant see everything you have. i have no opinion because I have only had side by side. The bottom freezer looks cool though. I CAN tell you that stainless steel sucks to keep clean, and if you have the option of getting clean steel it looks the same and doesnt get finger prints all over.

Monica said...

Bottom freezers are the best by far. Either way if you're going to have a lot of crap in them you'll have to dig in a bottom or side freezer.

Cathy said...

Freezer on bottom!

LeslieK said...

My sister has one with the freezer on the bottom, AND it has shelves in the freezer, which makes it convenient and I think it's bigger than the side-by-side freezer. Also, the ice maker can take up a lot of room in a side by side as well, further inhibiting your freezer size.

Anonymous said...

I really like my side-by-side, but I think each has its good and bad points. I like being able to see everything I have, but there is a lot more room in the bottom drawer... Good luck :)

Macaia said...

Side by side!! You do not want to pile things on top of each other and then you don't even remember what you had at the bottom.....