Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History in the making

I was able to sit at home today and get totally addicted to watching our 44th president and first African American be inaugurated. I have to admit, I haven't liked him from the start. and if I would have known that I had to re-register every time you move I would have voted for Mccain. However, after watching him speak today and watching all of the events throughout the day I was quite impressed with him and got a good feeling. Granted, every new president promises change and that they are going to change things immensely.... but I actually think he will... we will have to see how he does. What a great event to watch today! I am glad I'll be able to tell my children that I watched the first African American be sworn into office. I am grateful to be in this country and that my parents decided to bring us here for a better life and that is all we've gotten! thank you mom and dad for your sacrifice and God bless America!

2 comments:

natalie a said...

don't believe the hype... we're screwed....

just kidding, I hope it works out well too. i have to say, even though I didn't vote for the guy, and his politics are highly suspect I still hope he succeeds, we NEED him to!!!

Paula-Adam said...

we'll see what happens...everyone always gets excited about a new president and then they hate him...